Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
Communications Specialist (Internship)
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Communications Specialist to join our team! We are an Austin-based nonprofit with the mission of partnering with individuals of exceptional potential to move them out of poverty through education, mentoring, financial assistance, and access to community partnerships.
As a Communication Specialist at our organization, you will manage and improve our communications with key constituents including our current donor community, future potential donors, other nonprofit and public services audiences, and community and corporate partners. In addition, you will be responsible for creating awareness of our mission and social impact and promoting a positive public image of our organization.
If you are an enthusiastic, outgoing and energetic person, and you love creating and communicating an important, impactful narrative, we would love to meet you! This is a remote working opportunity.
Communications Specialist job description
Communications Specialist duties and responsibilities:
• Create effective communication strategies for our organization, including social media
• Build and coordinate the delivery of external communications (newsletters, emails, social, etc.)
• Communicate with constituents via social media and email frequently and consistently
• Write content for our external communications and organization’s website
• Build content and create videos for virtual events and our website
• Plan virtual fundraising and recognition events
• Collaborate with other members of our small communications and fundraising team
Communications Specialist job requirements and qualifications:
• Strong interest in social impact
• Previous working or education experience as communications, public relations or marketing specialist
• Experience in storytelling
• Experience, knowledge and creativity in copywriting, proofreading and editing
• Successful in project managing multiple programs/projects
• Experience in social media
• Photo and video-making and editing skills
• Excellent communications and writing skills
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
• Experience in fundraising is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing is preferred
Please apply by sending email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
We often need volunteers for events and activities. We'll post new volunter opportunities here.